Royal Surrey

Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

The Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides district general hospital services to a population of 330,000 people in Guildford and the surrounding boroughs.

The Royal Surrey County and St. Luke’s Hospitals, having worked closely together for some time, formed a clinical union in 1952. In 1980 the Royal Surrey County Hospital moved from Farnham Road to Egerton Road. Patient services then gradually started moving from St. Luke’s Hospital to the Royal Surrey County Hospital with the last patient at St. Luke’s leaving on 6 November 1996.